- When sourcing the fabric for the capsule collection I not only wanted to find something that was wearable, breathable and soft on the skin, I also wanted to find a fabric that was sustainable and didn't have a negative impact on the environment too. I wanted to give consumers the confidence that their fashion choices can be environmentally responsible and have a low environmental impact whilst they still look and feel amazing in their new pieces.
- I begun the process of finding the perfect fabric by speaking with a lovely lady called Alison who owns Sustainable Textiles. I told her what I was looking for and we had a one on one meeting where she bought along a mixture of fabric samples for me to play around with and ultimately figure out which one was best for the new collection.
- I ended up deciding on LENZING™ ECOVERO™ viscose fibres because not only does it have a positive impact on the environment, the fabric is soft to touch, breathable and not too sheer. The softness is definitely similar to the silk from my first collection and I wish you could all feel it before you buy because it honestly feels so amazing on the skin.
LENZING™ ECOVERO™ viscose fibres are derived from certified renewable wood sources using an eco-responsible production process which meets high environmental standards and some of the key benefits are:
- Up to 50% lower emissions and water impact
The manufacturing of LENZING™ ECOVERO™ viscose fibres generates up to 50% lower emissions and water impact compared to generic viscose. CO2 emissions and fossil resource usage are approximately half that of the industry average.
- Sustainable wood and pulp sourcing
LENZING™ ECOVERO™ viscose fibres are produced using pulp, which is derived from the renewable resource wood as a raw material. They purchase wood from responsibly managed forests where FSC®(C041246) and PEFC™ certifications prove that the material is delivered from sustainable sources.
- Certified eco-responsible
The viscose fibres are manufactured only from certified and controlled wood sources plus are produced with significantly lower fossil energy and water use than generic viscose. This means they are certified with the internationally recognised EU EcoLabel. This label of environmental excellence is only awarded to products and services which have a significantly lower environmental impact throughout their lifecycle: from raw material extraction to production, distribution and disposal.
- Supply Chain Transparency
A special manufacturing system enables LENZING™ ECOVERO™ branded viscose fibres to be identified in the final product. Environmentally conscious consumers can be assured that retailers and brands are incorporating genuine LENZING™ ECOVERO™ eco-responsible viscose into their products.
For further information on this fabric please head to their website.