Restore The Reef
- The Great Barrier Reef is the world’s largest living organism and one of the most bio-diverse places on earth but unfortunately it is now under threat.
- Since 1985, the Reef has lost 50% of its coral cover due to climate change and poor water from land-based run-off.
- More than 10 million tonnes of sediment from eroded gullies flow onto the Reef every year, smothering corals and seagrass, creating algal blooms, degrading water quality, and weakening the Reef’s ability to recover.
Being a label that is made and designed in Australia, Restoring The Reef is very important to Silk Wolfe.
Protect A Woman
$ 50 = provides a hot meal and a safe, comfortable place to stay for one night
- More than 50% of women seeking shelter are turned away every night. Across Australia, this equates to over 50,000 women nightly.
- Women unable to access shelters are left vulnerable, disconnected from community and support networks.
- Existing services cannot meet the demand for emergency crisis accommodation for women who are homeless or escaping domestic violence.
Stop Child Marriage
- In some areas of Bangladesh, up to 62% of girls are married before turning 18.
- These girls are not only denied their childhood, they can suffer from developmental issues due to early pregnancy.
- They're vulnerable to STD's including HIV, increased risk of domestic violence and have limited opportunities for education and employment.
- We know women are the key to creating change for girls within their communities. Empowered women can achieve extraordinary impact, catalysing new and brighter futures for girls and their families.
How To Donate Your $1
1. Make a Purchase online at Silk Wolfe
2. Once you have completed your purchase you'll be presented with the three charities.
3. Select the cause closest to your heart (I know it's a hard choice).
4. Silk Wolfe donates $1 from your order on your behalf (you will not be charged any extra fees).
5. If you wish to donate more there will be an option to do so that will require a seperate transaction.